Duathlon 3: Sunday 29 September 2019
The final duathlon for the winter offers 3 distances: short, medium and long. We’re back on our usual course – running north towards Shelly Bay and cycling south to Moa Point. Please make sure you check out the course maps and event information below before event day.
More details coming soon. Please keep checking back regularly.
Registration is on the morning between 6.45am and 7.45am in the clubrooms (the brick building just south of the toilet block). When you register you will receive your race number. You must have a race number to enter transition.
Transition will be open from 6.45am to 7.50am.
Late entries available on the day with a $5 late fee.
There are 3 distance options available this weekend:
- Short: 2.5km opening run (1 lap) / 6km cycle (1 lap) / 1km final run (1 lap)
- Medium: 5km opening run (1 lap) / 15km cycle (1 lap) / 2.5km final run (2 laps)
- Long: 10km opening run (2 laps) / 30km cycle (2 laps) / 5km final run (1 lap)
We understand that bad days happen so if at any point you decide to shorten the distance just let our timekeepers know at the finish line. We’re all about completion, whatever distance that may turn out to be.
There are two prices available regardless of the distance you choose:
- Adult: $35
- Student: $30 (this is any primary, intermediate or high school student)
If you prefer to wait to see what the weather is going to do we also have late entries available on they day. They are cash only and there is a $5 late fee added.
6.45am Registration and transition opens
7.45am Registration closes
7.50am Transition closes
7.55am Event briefing for all participants
8.00am Event Start: long course*
8.30am Event Start: medium course*
8.30am Event Start: short course, all
11.00am (approx) Final finisher expected
*depending on numbers there may be separate wave starts for men and women
- The minimum age to enter is 10 years for the short course, 16 years for medium & long
- If you think you’ve entered but haven’t received a confirmation email please let us know. If your name isn’t on our entrants list you will need to pay on the day (+ late fee).
- There is no timing system for this event. You will receive an overall finish time only, no splits.
- All roads are open. You must treat all roads as being open to other road users and obey the road rules at all times.
- Know your course! There are marshals on course but it is up to you to know where you need to turn, how to get into transition, and where to mount and dismount your bike. Please check out the course maps beforehand.
- No drafting on the bike please.
- Please do not attempt to overtake any vehicles. If you encounter slow traffic that is unfortunately bad luck. Please be considerate to ALL road users.
- Please obey the marshals at the turnaround points. They are there for your safety.
- No headphones/iPhones/iPods etc to be worn during the event.
- The condition of your gear is your responsibility. Please check that everything is up to scratch and in good working order.
- If you choose not to continue at any stage please notify the finish line marshals so we can reconcile all our participants.
- Wellington’s weather can be a bit finicky. Please dress to the conditions. First aid will be there but we’d prefer they don’t have any hypothermia cases.
- Remember, this isn’t the world champs. Please be considerate and supportive of your fellow participants.