Duathlon 1: Sunday 23 June 2019
Get ready to run/bike/run your way around the Miramar Peninsula! Our first event to kick off the season offers 3 different distance options – short, medium and long. We’ll be using our ‘usual’ course – run course heading north towards Shelly Bay, bike course heading south to Moa Point. Please make sure you read through all the information below and check out the course maps before event day.
Information will be updated here when necessary. Please check back regularly.
I’m free in June. Sign me up!
I’m super keen. Lock me in for the series!
Registration is on the morning between 6.45am and 7.45am in the clubrooms (the brick building just south of the toilet block). When you register you will receive your race number. You must have a race number to enter transition.
Transition will be open from 6.45am to 7.50am.
Late entries available on the day with a $5 late fee.
There are 3 distance options available this weekend:
- Short: 1km opening run / 6km cycle / 2.5km final run
- Medium: 2.5km opening run / 15km cycle / 5km final run
- Long: 5km opening run / 30km cycle / 10km final run
We understand that bad days happen so if at any point you decide to shorten the distance just let our timekeepers know at the finish line. We’re all about completion, whatever distance that may turn out to be.
There are two prices available regardless of the distance you choose:
- Adult: $35
- Student: $30 (this is any primary, intermediate or high school student)
If you want to lock in your season you can enter the whole series! This includes 3 duathlons and 4 triathlons, including entries to the Super Sprint + Team Tag Relay in December. (Series entries are only available until 20 June)
- Series Entry: $200
If you prefer to wait to see what the weather is going to do we also have late entries available on they day. They are cash only and there is a $5 late fee added.
6.45am Registration and transition opens
7.45am Registration closes
7.50am Transition closes
7.55am Event briefing for all participants
8.00am Event Start: long course*
8.30am Event Start: medium course*
8.45am Event Start: short course, all
11.00am (approx) Final finisher expected
*depending on numbers there may be separate wave starts for men and women
- The minimum age to enter is 10 years for the short course, 16 years for medium & long
- If you think you’ve entered but haven’t received a confirmation email please let us know. If your name isn’t on our entrants list you will need to pay on the day (+ late fee).
- There is no timing system for this event. You will receive an overall finish time only, no splits.
- All roads are open. You must treat all roads as being open to other road users and obey the road rules at all times.
- Know your course! There are marshals on course but it is up to you to know where you need to turn, how to get into transition, and where to mount and dismount your bike. Please check out the course maps beforehand.
- No drafting on the bike please.
- Please do not attempt to overtake any vehicles. If you encounter slow traffic that is unfortunately bad luck. Please be considerate to ALL road users.
- Please obey the marshals at the turnaround points. They are there for your safety.
- The condition of your gear is your responsibility. Please check that everything is up to scratch and in good working order.
- If you choose not to continue at any stage please notify the finish line marshals so we can reconcile all our participants.
- Wellington’s weather can be a bit finicky. Please dress to the conditions. First aid will be there but we’d prefer they don’t have any hypothermia cases.
- Remember, this isn’t the world champs. Please be considerate and supportive of your fellow participants.