TRIATHLON 2: SUNDAY 31 january 2021
Date TBC. Details coming soon
Registration is on the morning between 6.30am and 7.30am in the clubrooms (the brick building just south of the toilet block). When you register you will receive your race number. You must have a race number to enter transition.
Transition will be open from 6.30am to 7.45m.
Late entries available on the day with a $5 late fee.
There are 4 distance options available this weekend:
- Short: 250m swim (1 lap) / 6km cycle (1 lap) / 2.5km run (1 lap)
- Medium: 750m swim (1 long+1 short lap) / 15km cycle (1 lap) / 5km run (1 lap)
- Long: 1500m swim (3 laps) / 30km cycle (2 laps) / 10km run (2 laps)
- Enduro: 2000m swim (4 laps) / 60km cycle (4 laps) / 15km run (3 laps)
We understand that bad days happen so if at any point you decide to shorten the distance just let our timekeepers know at the finish line. We’re all about completion, whatever distance that may turn out to be.
Please note that cut off times are in place for the Enduro for start waves 1-4.
- Bike: must have started the final lap (lap 4) at Scorching Bay before 10.30am
- Run: must have started the final lap (lap 3) at Scorching Bay before 11.55am.
(Schedule subject to change)
6.30am Registration and transition opens
7.15am Start: Enduro Wave 1
7.30am Registration closes
7.30am Start: Enduro Wave 2
7.45am Transition closes
7.45am Start: Enduro Wave 3
8.00am Start: Enduro Wave 4
8.15am Start: Enduro Wave 5, Long, Medium
8.30am Start: Enduro Wave 6, Short
8.45am Start: Enduro Wave 7
11.00am (approx) final cyclist, transition open to collect gear
12.30pm (approx.) final finisher expected
- The minimum age to enter is 10 years for the short course, 16 years for medium & long
- If you think you’ve entered but haven’t received a confirmation email please let us know. If your name isn’t on our entrants list you will need to pay on the day (+ late fee).
- There is no timing system for this event. You will receive an overall finish time only, no splits.
- All roads are open. You must treat all roads as being open to other road users and obey the road rules at all times.
- Know your course! There are marshals on course but it is up to you to know where you need to turn, how to get into transition, and where to mount and dismount your bike. Please check out the course maps beforehand.
- No drafting on the bike please.
- Please do not attempt to overtake any vehicles. If you encounter slow traffic that is unfortunately bad luck. Please be considerate to ALL road users.
- Please obey the marshals at the turnaround points. They are there for your safety.
- The condition of your gear is your responsibility. Please check that everything is up to scratch and in good working order.
- If you choose not to continue at any stage please notify the finish line marshals so we can reconcile all our participants.
- Wellington’s weather can be a bit finicky. Please dress to the conditions. First aid will be there but we’d prefer they don’t have any hypothermia cases.
- Remember, this isn’t the world champs. Please be considerate and supportive of your fellow participants.