triathlon 4: sunday 22 march 2020
Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic the final event for the season has been canceled. The health and safety of our participants, volunteers and event crew is important to us so we have made the decision to pull the pin. This is not he season finale we were hoping for but we’ll be back again in the depths of winter to have you run-bike-running around Scorching Bay!
Until then, stay safe out there!
Registration is on the morning between 6.45am and 7.45am in the clubrooms (the brick building just south of the toilet block). When you register you will receive your race number. You must have a race number to enter transition.
Transition will be open from 6.45am to 7.50am.
Late entries available on the day with a $5 late fee.
There are 3 distances on offer this weekend.
- SHORT : 250m swim (1 lap) / 6km cycle (1 lap) / 2.5km run (1 lap)
- MEDIUM : 500m (1 laps) swim / 15km cycle (1 lap) / 5km run (1 laps)
- LONG : 1000m swim (2 laps) / 30km cycle (2 laps) / 10km run (2 laps)
Aquabike, duathlon and swim only options available for each distance.
(Duathlon opening run : short 1km, medium 2.5km, long 5km)
There are three prices available depending on how much you procrastinate:
Enter between before 16 March:
Student: $35 (primary, intermediate or high school student)
Enter between 16-19 March:
On the day entries: (CASH ONLY)
Adults & Teams: $50
6.45am Registration and transition opens
7.45am Registration closes
7.50am Transition closes
7.55am Event briefing for all participants
8.00am Event Start: long course*
8.30am Event Start: medium course*
8.45am Event Start: short course, all
9.20am (approx) Final cyclist expected
11.00am (approx) Final finisher expected
*depending on numbers there may be separate wave starts for men and women
- The minimum age to enter is 10 years for the short course, 16 years for medium & long
- If you think you’ve entered but haven’t received a confirmation email please let us know. If your name isn’t on our entrants list you will need to pay on the day (+ late fee).
- There is no timing system for this event. You will receive an overall finish time only, no splits.
- All roads are open. You must treat all roads as being open to other road users and obey the road rules at all times.
- Know your course! There are marshals on course but it is up to you to know where you need to turn, how to get into transition, and where to mount and dismount your bike. Please check out the course maps beforehand.
- No drafting on the bike please.
- Please do not attempt to overtake any vehicles. If you encounter slow traffic that is unfortunately bad luck. Please be considerate to ALL road users.
- Please obey the marshals at the turnaround points. They are there for your safety.
- The condition of your gear is your responsibility. Please check that everything is up to scratch and in good working order.
- If you choose not to continue at any stage please notify the finish line marshals so we can reconcile all our participants.
- Wellington’s weather can be a bit finicky. Please dress to the conditions. First aid will be there but we’d prefer they don’t have any hypothermia cases.
- Remember, this isn’t the world champs. Please be considerate and supportive of your fellow participants.